Rules & Regulations - Use of the Holding Point Recreation Complex
Article One. Prohibited Activities.
1. Parking a motor vehicle, including motorcycles, in other than the designated locations.
2. Operating a motor vehicle, including motorcycles, in excess of five (5) miles per hour or in any manner contrary to posted regulations.
3. Operating a motor vehicle, including motorcycles, on other than the designated roads.
4. Operating or parking a snowmobile.
5. Bringing of any pet or animal into the park.
6. Entering or using the park during other than the designated hours of operation.
7. Refusing to comply with any time sharing plan or permits for use of any facility in the park.
8. Operating or parking a minibike or other motorized from of recreational vehicle.
9. Overnight parking of motor vehicles, including motorcycles.
10. Possession or sale of alcoholic beverages.
11. The use of or being under the influence of any illegal drug or substance.
12. Possess or use firearms, bow and arrow, or other dangerous weapons in the park.
13. Disturb the peace and good order of the park by fighting or arguing in loud voices or threaten violence to any person or the property of others.
14. Beg, hawk, peddle or solicit within the parks except as authorized by permit.
15. Use profane or abusive language.
16. Injure, deface, destroy, disturb or remove any part of the park facilities or equipment.
17. Loiter in or near park restrooms.
18. Litter or leave behind refuse and garbage except in receptacles provided for such purpose.
19. Start a fire in the park.
20. Jumping over fences.
21. No golf practice in the park.
22. No Grinders
Article Two. Reservations
- Reservations and a permit are required for use of the park by groups and for organized events.
- No portion of the park shall be reserved for any group whose size or activity in the opinion of the Town Board will be detrimental to the operation of the park.
- Permits for organized athletic events shall be issued by the Deputy Highway Superintendent.
- Permits for all other activities shall be issued by the Town Clerk upon terms and conditions as may be set by the Town Board from time to time.
Article Three. Hours of Operation.
No person shall be permitted to remain, stop or park within the confines of the park between the hours of 9:00 PM and 7:00 AM prevailing local time except in emergencies. In case of an emergency or when in the judgment of an authorized official of the Town the public interest demands it, any portion of the park may be closed to the public or to designated persons until permission is given to reopen.
Article Four. Penalties for Offenses & Enforcement.
- A violation of the these rules and regulations is hereby declared to be an offense, punishable as set forth in the Code of the Town of Horseheads, Chapter 1, Article II, General Penalty.
- Any member of the State Police, Chemung County Sheriff's office, Village of Horseheads police department may, with or without a warrant, arrest any offender whom he may detect in the violation of any of the provisions of the above sections, and take the persons so arrested forthwith before a Justice or Judge having competent jurisdiction, and he shall have at all times a right to enter the premises of any building, structure or enclosure in the park, including any building, structure or enclosure in the park which may be leased or set aside for private or exclusive use of any individual or group of individuals for the purpose of arresting violators hereof, and may use all necessary means to attain that end.
Article Five. Severability.
Should any section, paragraph, sentence, clause or phrase of these rules and regulations be declared unconstitutional or invalid for any reason by a court of competent jurisdiction, the remainder of said law shall not be affected thereby.
Article Six. Repealer.
All ordinances, local rules and regulations inconsistent herewith are hereby repealed.
Article Seven. Effective Date.
These rules and regulations shall take effect immediately.