Town Clerk's Office 607.739-8783

How do I request a parking with disabilities permit?
To request a parking with disabilities permit - you may pick up a form at the Town Clerk's Office or find by click here: Application for License Plates or Parking Permits. This must be filled out by you and your physician. Then you must take it to the municipality where you live. It could be the City, Town or Village depending on your address.

How do I obtain a copy of a Marriage Certificate?
To obtain a copy of your Marriage Certificate - come to the Town Clerk's office in person or send in a notarized letter. There is a $10.00 fee for each copy. We cannot provide information by phone. You may call first to see if your license is on file in this office.

Am I registered to vote? / Where do I vote?
To see if you are registered to vote or to see where your polling place is located, contact the Chemung County Board of Elections at (607) 739-5475 or on line at

How do I obtain a marriage license?
Both people must be present to obtain the marriage license, with birth certificate and picture identification. If either person has been previously married, they must submit all divorce papers at the time of obtaining the license. Make sure it is your divorce decree and not the separation agreement. The marriage ceremony may not take place within 24 hours from the time that the license is issued. The marriage license is only valid for 60 days, beginning the day after it is issued. If both applicants are 18 years of age or older, no consents are required. The certificate is only valid within New York State excluding New York City.

How can I get current tax information? / Taxes paid last year?
View tax information on the Chemung County Website. Go to: Click on Departments - pick Treasurer's office and tax search program. This will allow you tocheck the current year or previous years tax information. Or Call Chemung County Treasurer's Office at (607) 737-2927.

Website Accessibility Statement

Town of Horseheads,150 Wygant Road
Horseheads, NY 14845 MAP
staff area | disclaimer |

Home Contact Search Link