Code Enforcement Office 607.739.7605

Does the Town of Horseheads conduct Fire Inspections in commercial buildings?
Yes, all commercial buildings are inspected every three years and all places of assembly every year.

Are Carbon Monoxide Alarms required in all dwelling units?
Yes, all dwelling units are required to have a carbon monoxide alarm.

Do I need a Building Permit for re roofing and shingle replacement? Yes, as of January 1, 2010 a Building Permit is required. Please contact the Code Enforcement Office at (607) 739-7605 with any questions

How do we obtain a Certificate of Occupancy for permit?
A final inspection must be performed and any required paperwork (electrical inspection, pre-engineered truss certification , etc) must be on file with the Code Enforcement Office.

Do electrical installations need to be inspected?
Yes, all inspections are performed by a third party agency. A list of agencies will be on building permit card when permit is issued.

What type of building permit inspections are required?
During construction inspection of footers, foundation, framing, insulation, plumbing and a final inspection to close out permit is required. A list of inspections will be given when permit is issued.

How long is a building permit good for?
A permit is good for one year from the date of issue can be renewed for six months upon payment of fee.

How long does it take to obtain a building permit?
If all documentation is received and insurance papers are in order usually within a day or two. However, new construction, major additions and other permits could take up to two weeks depending on work load.

Website Accessibility Statement

Town of Horseheads,150 Wygant Road
Horseheads, NY 14845 MAP
staff area | disclaimer |

Home Contact Search Link