5 Reasons To License Your Dog
1. IT'S THE LAW. In most states, it is required by law to license your dog by 4 months of age. Dogs should wear their tags at all times, in the event they are lost.
2. IT COSTS LESS TO LICENSE YOUR DOG THAN TO PAY THE PENALTY FOR BEING CAUGHT WITHOUT ONE. Some municipalities can charge up to $250 if your dog is caught without a license.
3. IT IMPROVES YOUR CHANCES OF GETTING A LOST DOG BACK. Chances are, if a good Samaritan or dog control officers happen to find your dog, having them licensed could greatly increase your chances of being reunited with your furry friend!
4. LICENSEING LETS PEOPLE KNOW YOUR RABIES VACCINATION IS CURRENT. A dog cannot be licensed without up to date rabies information. Whoever finds your dog is more likely to want to handle them if they are aware that they are up to date on their rabies vaccination.
5. LICENSE FEES HELP SUPPORT ANIMAL CONTROL. Your yearly licensing fee helps to keep shelters running and supports the work of local animal control. It also helps to feed and house stray dogs found on the streets within your municipality.
REGISTRATION IS SIMPLE!
To obtain a dog license in the Town Of Horseheads, you will need:
- *Current Rabies Certificate
- *Proof of spaying/neutering (if applicable)
- *License fee
- (You must license your dog in the municipality you live in).
Town of Horseheads Licensing fees: Altered: $8.00 Unaltered: $18,00
If you currently have a dog licensed with the Town of Horseheads and need to renew, please click here.
“A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.” — Josh Billings